4.23.2010

Food Art


Lately I've been scouring the internet for food art. We are turning a bedroom in our house into a home office that Ed and I will share, and I'd like to add color with some food-themed artwork. My first thought was just some smaller, letterpressed fruits and vegetables that I could frame and hang together. I love letterpress for its simplicity, and plus I don't have a lot of wall space so small prints would work well.

Another idea is to use my mom! She is an artist and the person who painted the grapefruit that is a part of the PWN logo. Below is her latest painting:









Isn't it beautiful?! I just love the colors and how it makes me think of summer. She's working on a website for her artwork, and when it's up and running I will definitely provide a link.

That's all - I wanted to keep it short and simple today. Have a great weekend... and let me know if you come across any good food art!



2 comments:

  1. Why not have your mom paint a mural right on the wall? She could design a pic that would conform to windows and door frames and be bright & cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that grapefruit! Try Etsy, click Art and type in "food." I saw all sorts of good prints!

    ReplyDelete